Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using picasa?

How do I change a picture to black and white with some color?



I know how to change a picture to black and white. But how do I change it to black and white with some color in part of the picture? Can I use Picasa?How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using picasa?
picasa doesn't really have that specific option,



try photobie or gimp, using layers...

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/gmm/fw



make a copy of image , either create second layer and change to b%26amp;w, select and erase where you want colour to show through, or change mode to gray b%26amp;w,

removing colours, and using second layer to select area to be coloured , and use paint bucket to fill, use transparency to filter level wanted...How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using picasa?
Can you be more specific? I use hp not picasa. With hp you crop part of the picture and highlight but I have heard of programs that allow you overlay 2 layers, one black and white and one color and then turn part on or off. Is this for a school project because I personally don't like the way it looks, others might. But somehow I don't think Ansel Adams would have bothered if he were alive today.I would stay with one or the other, black and white or color or both, if you want to be taken seriously as a photographer.How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using picasa?
EJ is on the right track and I agree with him about Ansel Adams. He would turn in his grave, I'm sure. It's kind of cheesy to do it but here is how it is done. Make a duplicate layer, turn it into black and white, then turn back on the color. It still looks black and white, the color is underneath. Use eraser tool to %26quot;paint%26quot; the parts you want color. Or you can use layers with the color layer underneath, %26quot;paint%26quot; using paint tool on the areas you want to be colored. Viola.How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using picasa?
you can't.

but you could also employ paint.

and make a black and white picture and a color version.

then carefully copy and paste the colored part onto the black and white picture.



i love paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment