Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I create a webpage that has options that change pictures in a certain pattern?

I am trying to create a jewelry creation page where it shows a blank necklace and views can change the options to create a customized necklace and send that information to my e-mail. databases:OK, CGI:OK, SQL: OK, Javascipt:OK I can use any of these on my server, please help I have been trying to figure this out for three weeks the furthest I got was a form. lolHow do I create a webpage that has options that change pictures in a certain pattern?
Hmm... interesting problem. You'll have to use JavaScript for the visual part - changing the necklace and such. Then you'll have to save the changed necklace to the request object before making further changes. I'd suggest a multi-page application where each change the user makes represents one page. When the user clicks OK for that aspect of the necklace, send the changed aspect as a parameter to the next page. After making a bunch of changes, the user arrives at a page with the finished necklace, and an option to submit. The URL for this page would be something like:

yourdomain.com/ necklace.cgi? param1=optionC%26amp; param2=optionD%26amp; param3=optionF

where params and options are something relevant to necklace creation. Then use whatever email generator is applicable to your development tool of choice..How do I create a webpage that has options that change pictures in a certain pattern?
I'd look into a thing called JavaScript

I don't know any code off the top of my head but thats where I would look for it.



I would also have a second page somewhere so that once the JavaScript does what it does it can send an email with information...if you get the first part done here is the second part



%26quot;%26lt;body onLoad=%26quot;window.location.href=

'YourEmailHere?subject=Order?

body='ItemVariable+AddressV+

NameV'';%26quot;%26gt;

%26lt;/body%26gt;%26quot;



don't put the quotesHow do I create a webpage that has options that change pictures in a certain pattern?
A simple random image Java script should work perfectly. Simple to st upand several site out there with ready made code.



The Syko Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment