Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change the picture back on my Windows Media icon?

I dont know what I did but now the picture icon for my WIndows Media has now changed to a picture of a game I play on my computer and I can't change it back to the original picture for the Windows Media icon. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I am clueless.



Try to explain simply how I can fix this since I am not a computer tech by any means. Thank you.How do I change the picture back on my Windows Media icon?
I'm assuming that when you say Windows Media, you mean the video/music files.



Open Windows Media Player and click Tools/Options/File Types and tick everything in the list.



Apply/OK.



--------------------------------------?br>


Just in case you meant the Windows Media Player icon, then that sounds a bit dodgy and you may have some spyware/virus installed (make sure you have a check), but you can restore it back to the Windows Media Player icon...



Right-click the icon and click on 'Properties' and at the bottom, click on the 'Change Icon' button and a window will pop up. You will need to Browse to:



C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe



and select the icon.How do I change the picture back on my Windows Media icon?
No probs. Thanks for picking me!

Report Abuse

How do I change the picture back on my Windows Media icon?
You can use system restore to restore your computer to a time just before you installed this game, if that is what happened. To use system restore, go start, all programs, accessories, system tool, system restore. Choose restore my computer to an earlier time, and you get a calendar showing the days and times that you can restore to.



I don't really know what you mean by Windows Media - do you mean your Windows Media Player, or do you mean all the stuff that used to have the various kinds of Windows icons? These can be changed file type by file type, but that is a pain, best to use system restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment