Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using GIMP2?

How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using GIMP2How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using GIMP2?
I have made a copy of the image, converted it to b%26amp;w. Then copy that b%26amp;w image over the first color image. Then, use the erase tool to erase parts of the b%26amp;w to allow the color underneath to show through.



There may be an easier way, but that's what works for me and my photography clients have been happy =-)How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using GIMP2?
Edit on photo shop %26amp; change it as you want to do.How do I change a picture to black and white with some color using GIMP2?
in gimp you can opt to use multiple methods and combine them for the one,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fra/4593



duplicate layer, desaturate, erase items, add layer paint color to selection and adjust layer mode overlay, copy from color and paste on b%26amp;w,

..

No comments:

Post a Comment